A brilliant place to work
Why would you like to come and work for Barnsdale Lodge Hotel and why would we select you?
Barnsdale Lodge is a brilliant place to work, voted by the people of Rutland as Restaurant of the Year 2017 for Pride Magazine.
At Barnsdale Lodge, every day is different, different customers, different events and different requests. Each role is varied; and you will get to work with some professional people that have a passion for hospitality and our guests.
You will need to be passionate, flexible and committed to the role and Barnsdale Lodge; wanting to make a difference and creating an excellent Guest experience, in return, you will receive respect, training, and 10% discount.
Below are some of the current positions available at Barnsdale Lodge - please contact Jane Moss our HR Manager on 01572 724678 (ext 119) or email email@example.com for more information or to arrange an interview.
Hotel Night Porter / Manager
An exciting opportunity to work at Barnsdale Lodge Hotel: Full Time - As Hotel Night Porter/Manager; you'll complete a range of tasks from welcoming and hosting hotel guests, supporting other departments during key service times and maintaining key areas of the hotel on a daily basis.
This will include:
- Conducting and recording regular patrols of the hotel/grounds/retreats
- Serving behind the bar
- Management of the bar area including regular cleaning and deep clean.
- Having a general knowledge of basic maintenance such as changing light bulbs, moving furniture, regulating heating in the rooms and attending to the fuse board
- Setting up for buffet breakfast
- Warm welcome to guests and rooming (escorting guests to their rooms and helping with their luggage)
- Maintain fire safety and co-ordinate guest list
- Day to day cleaning duties supporting good standards in public areas
- Supporting in other key areas as required including conference set up & break down, and restaurant service.
- This role involves a great deal of manual work; therefore the applicant must be physically able to move heavy objects.
Experience preferred in night management, bar work or both; however full training will be given - most importantly you need a warm and friendly manner and to be:
- Someone who enjoys looking after our guests
- Hardworking and positive
- Someone who can work on their own but also enjoys supporting the team
- You must be flexible
- You must either hold or be willing to undertake First Aid Training
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £14,976.00 /year